Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I May Have Found Heaven

A few of my fellow beer loving friends have been talking about this store called 8 Degrees Plato Beer Company in Ferndale lately. A few weeks ago, while out in Ferndale, I had some time to kill before meeting up with some friends so I thought "what the heck, why not stop in and check it out!". Boy am I glad I did. What an AWESOME place. I checked out their inventory list on their website before going there, so I knew they had a lot of selection, but I never imagined it to be as cool as it was. They carry beer from 23 different breweries in Michigan (and a TON from all over the world, including Germany, England, Japan, Poland, and basically anywhere you can think of). This is not your typical beer store. It's not a liquor store or anything of that nature. This is a nice little shop that carries only beer, beer related items like books, antique beer and bar collectibles, and cheeses from around Michigan. It's a great place and the owners are great! I talked to the owner, Tim, for quite a while. He suggested a few different beers for me based on my favorites and I loved all of them. He really knows his stuff! The place is really neat because you can pick up one single beer, or you can build your own six pack from their unbeatable selection. Another really neat feature of this shop is that every Friday evening, they do FREE beer tastings from 6-8 pm. They feature 2 or 3 different beers and usually have a theme to go with it. Very cool if you ask me! Here is a photo from their Facebook to give you an idea of how awesome the place is. :)

Photo taken from 8 Degrees Plato Beer Co. Facebook




You can also check out the article and video news story from Fox right here
For more information about 8 Degrees Plato Beer Company, check out their website here

What is YOUR favorite place to buy hard to find beer?? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment