Thursday, April 19, 2012

Top Notch Brews

Two days ago, The Brewers Association released its annual list of top 50 craft beers in the U.S., based on 2011 beer sales volume. Of the top 50 overall brewing companies, 36 are small and independent craft brewing companies.

Congrats to Bell's Brewery and Founders Brewing Company for representing Michigan in the top 50!

Lucky for me, I'm going to visit Bell's Brewery for my first time this weekend.

You can check out the article and full list of companies here.
 
Also check out:
Bell's Brewery
Founders Brewing Company
The Brewers Association

5 comments:

  1. You and I share a passion (as well as millions of others haha). I loooove trying new draft beers. Have you ever been to any of the Beer Festivals that take place. Eastern Market has one and Chene Park held one last year that I think was their first annual. Ferndale and other cities have them. I love trying all the new beers on tap. In downtown Detoit Park Bar is a great place to try different brews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only festival I have been to so far is the DIY fest in Ferndale. I've gone twice. It is more of an art/music fair with lots of Michigan beer companies in a beer tent. Pretty fun time!! I am planning to go to the Summer Beer Festival in July.

      Delete
  2. It is great that Bell's made it in the top 50. I love their beer and enjoy it a lot. It is always great to see Michigan Companies doing well and winning awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree!!! I just went and visited Bell's this past weekend. Really cool place.

      Delete
  3. I've had the pleasure of sampling from a few micro-breweries in my neck of the woods. I am glad the underdogs are getting more credit and the respect they deserve!

    ReplyDelete