Thursday, April 12, 2012

Betty Knows Her Beer

I'm new at this whole blogging thing, so bear with me while I figure it out. :)

That said, let's talk about beer. It's a known fact that craft beer has become very popular in the state of Michigan recently, mainly in the metro Detroit area. As I've become a little older, I've grown to love a great craft beer. They are so much easier to find these days, with breweries all over the place, and great places that don't actually brew any beer, but serve mass amounts of it, like the new spot in Ferndale, One-Eyed Betty's. One-Eyed Betty's first opened up in February 2012 and has been a VERY popular hot-spot ever since. I remember trying to go there on a random Tuesday for dinner and there being about a 30 minute wait just to get in. That's how popular this place has become in just a few short months. I think the main reason is, people LOVE their craft beer. They also love the fact that they finally have a place to go sit and enjoy it that's not the typical brewery type setting. This place really supports Michigan beer and serves up beer from Arcadia Ales, Atwater Brewery, Bell's Brewery, Founders Brewing Company, Kuhnhenn Brewing Company, Motor City Brewing Works, New Holland Brewing, and Short's Brewing Company, just to name a few!! One-Eyed Betty's has 44 beers on tap, 74 beers in a bottle, and even a couple in the can. And this beer list is always growing and changing. You can find their current beer list right here. I've noticed they've taken out one of my favorites, Bell's Winter White, for their new seasonal, Bell's Oberon. I'm glad I got to have a few Winter White's there while it lasted. Besides beer, Betty's has a great menu including breakfast (they even do brunch on the weekends), lunch, dinner, and dessert items. A favorite among my friends is the beer cheese soup. I highly recommend you check it out. If tons of great beer and food isn't enough to get you in the door, maybe their pinball machines and live music is. they even have special events, like beer dinner parings, featuring brews from Michigan. Hopefully you've had the chance to check out this little gem for yourself, but if you haven't yet, here is some info for you:

One-Eyed Betty's Website
One-Eyed Betty's Facebook
One-Eyed Betty's Twitter


A few beers on tap at Betty's

Go check it out. If you love beer like I do, you will love One-Eyed Betty's! Located at 175 West Troy Street in Downtown Ferndale.


2 comments:

  1. You;re the second person to suggest checking out this place! I will for sure go. Also, I really like your writing style, it kept me engaged. Check out Copper Canyon Brewery too; good beer and good burgers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Kaye! I will definitely check it out! :)

      Delete